The Cathy Stoller Memorial Scholarship was created to help grow the next generation of WOW women by providing funds to further the applicants’ education. Applicants will be selected based on their academic achievements, service to their community, leadership skills, vocational goals, and personal qualities.
WOW will award scholarships to the top four applicants in the following amounts: $5,000, $3,000, $2,000 and $1,000. In addition, one or more monetary prizes may be awarded to additional applicants at the discretion of the Board. All funds will be distributed directly to the educational institution(s) by the end of 2021. It will be your responsibility to provide your financial institutions information no later than September 1, 2021 if you are a scholarship recipient.
Eligibility & Rules
- Applicants must be a female resident of Oregon between the ages of 17 and 23 as of January 6, 2021.
- A WOW member in good standing must sponsor the applicant and may guide the applicant through the process. A brief statement of recommendation is to be included with application.
- Applications must be submitted online (handwritten applications will not be accepted), no later than midnight on January 6, 2021.
- Applicants must include TWO letters of recommendation from people of their choice (not related to them) along with their application.
- The top candidates will be notified in mid-February 2021 and will be required to attend an in-person interview with the scholarship committee in mid-March 2021. Every consideration will be made to accommodate an applicant's schedule, and failure to make the appointment will disqualify the applicant.
- The top four candidates will give a 10-minute presentation to the WOW membership on date TBD at the Stoller Family Estate Winery. *Discretionary award winners must also be present.
- The scholarship must be used towards an accredited trade school, community or four year college in the 2020/2021 school year.
- Scholarship recipients are encouraged to attend and volunteer at the 2021 Scholarship fundraiser where they will be recognized before the community.
About Cathy Stoller
Cathy Stoller was a loving wife and mother, brilliant business woman, philanthropist and member of WOW. We encourage applicants to learn more about Cathy and her impact as a role model and a citizen in our community. Read more here: https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2011/12/cathy_ann_stoller.html